Check out this great video
This course is designed to provide you with valuable training in facial work including cleansing, skin analysis, exfoliation, facial massage, masks, and waxing.
You will also study manicure and pedicure, techniques for lash and brow treatments and make-up.
The programme is suitable for people currently working in the beauty industry, who have no formal qualifications or people looking to develop a good understanding of beauty and care.
It is also an invaluable extra qualification for hairdressers wanting to extend the range of services they offer.
The programme is made up of the following qualifications:
• Follow health and safety practice in the salon
• Working in beauty related industries
• Salon reception duties
• Client care and communication in beauty related industries
• Provide facial skin care
• Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
• Remove hair using waxing techniques
• Apply make-up
• Provide manicure treatments
• Provide pedicure treatments
• Create an image based on a theme within the Hair & Beauty sector
• Promote products and services to clients in a salon
To successfully complete the course you will need to study:
• Client consultation and contra-indications to treatment
• Skin care and analysis
• Cleansing techniques
• Facial massage
• Application of face masks
• Home care and aftercare advice
• Application of make-up for various occasions
• Lash and brow treatments
• Manicure and Pedicure techniques
• Care of tools and equipment
• Basic related science
• Legislation affecting work practices.
Progression & Career Opportunities
This course opens up career opportunities for employment as a beauty consultant or a beauty therapist in a salon or working for yourself.
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability
To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
The programme is assessed throughout the year in a number of ways:
• By demonstrating your practical competence on your peers .
You may also be encouraged to work on family, friends and fee paying clients .
• Answering oral questions as part of the practical assessment to demonstrate your treatment knowledge and understanding.
• Compiling a portfolio of work undertaken during the year.
• Answering written questions and assignments set by your tutor.
• On-line test for anatomy and physiology and under pining knowledge.
There will be an external verification day for practical aspects of the course.
To apply, please complete Enrolment Form,